We are very excited and pleased to announce that the latest firmware on the PM5 includes the option of Ergathlon which is a workout option that enables you to combine the Indoor Rower, SkiErg and BikeErg in the same workout.
Ergathlon enables you to connect up to three different ergs into one workout, this is perfect if you have access to two or more Concept2 machines as it would give a great challenge and variety to your training.
When you transition from one Erg to the next, the results will combine to give you a final score... but be quick as the transition times count!
You can connect the rtfs using the wireless function on the PM5 or, like racing you can connect the monitors with LAN cables (We recommend to use the cables to connect the machines if the PM5’s have an entirely silver logo, this is a version one PM5). If there are more than one Ergathlon in the room you will need to use cables.
Follow the instructions to set up your own Ergathlon:
1. Update your PM5 to the latest firmware.
3. Choose one of the pre programmed options: Super Sprint: 500m SkiErg, 1000m BikeErg and 500m Row
- Sprint: 2000m SkiErg, 4000m BikeErg and 2000m Row
- Middle distance: 5000m SkiErg, 10,000m BikeErg and 5000m Row.
- Endurance: 10,000m SkiErg, 20,000m BikeErg and 10,000m Row.
4. Once you have chosen your selected workout head to the Erg you want to use second in the sequence. Select GAMES > MORE GAMES > ERGATHLON and then choose JOIN ERGATHLON. Note: if you have a third Erg that you are wanting to use follow the same steps.
5. Once you have connected all ergs that are included in your Ergathlon, head back to the first Erg and select START ERGATHLON. And you’re off!
During your workout you need to follow the order in which the machines were set up. In the set up phase you can arrange the machines in any order you like. For example, if you set up the machines in an order of ‘BikeErg, SkiErg, RowErg’ you will need to complete your workout in this exact sequence.
If you want to use the Ergathlon for two machines only, you can do so. However, keep in mind, if you are wanting to ‘BikeErg, RowErg, BikeErg’ you will require two BikeErgs (you won’t be able to ride the same BikeErg). For ranking purposes you must complete the Ergathlon using one Erg of each type.
ErgData will record your Ergathlon results and upload them to your online logbook. Be sure to download ErgData from the App Store (available for android and Apple) and connect ErgData to the first machine in your sequence before starting your workout.
When you finish, the first Erg will display your results for each leg as well as your transition times.
There is an Ergathlon ranking so once you’ve finished your first one, make sure you upload it to your logbook and be among the first to be ranked. Enjoy! Tag us on social media by using @concept2newzealand